Thursday, October 8, 2009

Getting Ready


It's been a while since I posted. I've been sooo busy getting my "nesting' list finished and still am not totally done. I am running out of time and it's freaking me out! I'm full term (37 weeks) as of this coming Tuesday, which totally scares me to death. I just don't feel ready yet!

Plus, I've reached the tired phase again, which is no fun and fast approaching the uncomfortable state. I've had a GREAT pregnancy - the best possibly. But now, I'm feeling really weighed down by her. I've gained 23 lbs so far and she was weighing 4 lbs 3 oz a month ago, so she is probably around 6 lbs now! I walk around with my hands cupping my belly to try to support her weight! I bought a belly support band a while back, but it's just uncomfortable and bulky under my clothes. Oh well, only a few more weeks to go until I'm REALLY carrying her in my arms! I get a sonogram next week and we'll see how much she's weighing.


For me, getting ready for Emily not only involves the normal baby type stuff (nursery organized and decorated, clothes washed, bags packed, etc. etc., it also involves...

* A new camera - Canon 5D (Ready for a million photoshoots with her!!)

* Doggie stairs for Gracie (You see, she can't jump on the couch b/c she is a princess and must be placed there. Being pregnant (and holding Abby), I've realized it's very difficult to place a 7-8 lb dog on the couch with you while holding a baby at the same time, so I thought she could use the doggie stairs. She LOVES them! Harlee can just jump (like a normal dog). =)

* Picture frames - entire house, not just nursery. (Being the photographer that I am, you'd think I'd have tons of picture frames hanging all over my house...wrong!). I realized that I HAD to have some, so I could immediately get some pics of her framed and hung in our house! I purchased from Simply Squared Designs and LOVE them. I'm slightly obsessed with wooden frames right now.

I have about a zillion other things on my list, but hopefully, will get most of them done very soon and can relax a little before my life REALLY gets crazy!

I'm hoping to have pics of her nursery up by next week. I didn't want to take any until it was 100% finished.



Just because I can't post pics of my Gracie and leave my Harlee out. =)


I went to the Canton Flea Market today (in search of frames, of course) and came back with only some hair bands, hats, and bows for Emily and Abby. I only spent $26! Michael is so proud. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment