Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy 1 Month Emily!

Emily is 1 month old today! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by with her! Her Aunt Lisa bought a cookie cake to celebrate her 1st Month Bday. =) I took her 1 month pics the other day with her wearing her "coming home outfit" and also a little red gown (both mine when I was little). I found some pics of me wearing these same outfits. It's so funny. She does look a lot like me, but I can see her daddy in her too. She for sure shares has his nose, blood type, and birthday!

I've been thinking about my mom a ton lately - with Emily around and the holidays coming up, she is constantly on my mind. I wish so much that she was here to see my Emily. She would love seeing Emily in these little outfits that use to be mine. Plus, she would be going crazy this Christmas - her first Christmas with her granddaughters. I know I'm incredibly blessed to have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, but this special time would be so much sweeter if mama was here. However, while she is not here physically, she is always with me...

When I'm holding Emily, when I'm putting her to bed, when I'm giving her "baby kisses" as mama called them...she is with me.

I can hear her voice saying..."Jenn, don't give that baby a paci - she isn't acting like she wants it." (A habit I've gotten into doing). =)

I can hear her saying, "isn't that darling" about various outfits and pictures I've taken of her.

Mama (Mimi) is always with us. She watches over all of her girls (Emily, Abby, Lisa, and me) everyday and night.


1 Month Old - Wearing Her "Coming Home" Dress - Was Also My "Coming Home" Dress


Me In Same Dress

1 Month Old - Wearing My Christmas Gown

Me In My Christmas Gown


Her Mimi Watches Over Her While She Sleeps

Just For Fun - Hanging In Her Bouncy Seat

1 comment: