Saturday, January 30, 2010

2 Months Old - December 22, 2009

Dear Emily,

Well, another month has come and gone! You are now 2 months old and getting ready for your 1st Christmas!
You had a big month this month. You started smiling – yay! You’ve been smiling since you came into this world, but I think they were more baby dream/gassy smiles. =) Now, you are actually looking at me and smiling. You’re first “real” smile was while on the changing table – you looked right at me and smiled. I was SOOO excited! Of course, I have to work hard for these smiles. Hopefully, you’ll start smiling more easily soon b/c I don’t think I can talk at any higher of a pitch voice!! Ha!

You are staying awake more now, but still sleep a good bit. You are also still waking up to eat during the night. I’m hoping you’ll start sleeping through the night soon b/c I’m getting a little tired. I don’t want to have to let you “cry it out,” so I’m hoping you’ll decide on your own that you don’t need to eat in the middle of the night anymore. =) We’ll see how that works out for us.

You also took your first bottle this month, which was a great help for mommy! Daddy was excited to feed you too. I was worried you would get confused going back and forth from the bottle to me, but you’ve done great with it – thank goodness!
Because you started to take a bottle, I was able to leave you with your first baby sitter. Of course, I can’t leave you with just ANY baby sitter, but Miss Brandi isn’t just any baby sitter. =) She LOVES you and you LOVE her! She came over to watch you while Mommy did a little Christmas shopping. I wanted to take you with me, but you are just too small and there is lots of flu going around – yuck!

It's been soooo cold this month and we even got some snow! You won't see much of this here in Mississippi, but some day we'll have to go to Colorado to see some real snow and visit Aunt Jean and cousin, Jacob!
We tried you out on your floor gym and started tummy time this month. I probably started this late, but you’re just so dang little – I thought it would be too much for you. You don’t seem to mind it very much, but it's not your favorite thing to do either. You lay on your tummy for a while and try to pick your little head up and then you start getting mad. We’ll keep working on this. But, you seem to like laying on your back and looking at your toys - you especially love your lion. =)


You had your 1st outing this month (other than to a dr’s office). Your daddy and I took you to eat lunch with us at Chimneyville. Pawpaw, Aunt Lisa, and Abby met us there. It was so fun. I dressed you all up in a Christmas outfit that Aunt Lisa gave you…you looked sooo cute!


You’re still very small, but we go to the dr. tomorrow (for your 2 mo check up) and I bet you’ve gained a bunch of weight b/c you are definitely filling out some. Newborn sized outfits fit you a little better now, so that’s exciting for mommy. I love to dress you up – you’re my little doll!

Most of our days have been spent in our PJ's though. Mommy only has about 1 more month at home with you before I have to go back to work. I'm already starting to be sad about this. I've loved spending all my time with you!

I’m so excited for your 1st Christmas. I know you don’t know what’s going on, but I like to pretend like you do. I have ended up with FIVE Baby’s 1st Christmas ornaments! I wanted the perfect one and searched and searched. Aunt Lisa has given you several and I have bought several. We finally decided it would be fun to make our own ornament, so we went to Harry The Potter and had your little hand print put on your very 1st ornament. I love it! Hopefully, we can do this every Christmas with Abby as a fun tradition for ya’ll. We want to create lots of little traditions for you. Christmas was so magical for me when I was little and I want to give that to you too.



We had another big outing this month too – I took you to see Mimi for the 1st time. I packed you up early one morning – just us girls. While putting out her decorations, I was all business – trying to get them to look just right. Then, when I pulled you out of the car and walked you over to her, I lost it. I was overcome with emotion. I introduced you to her and her to you. It was very bittersweet moment. I was so glad to have you, but so sad that she wasn’t here to see you. Oh, how I wish she was here, but I have to keep reminding myself that she CAN see you and that she WILL meet you one day.


I know I’ve told you before that you and Abby were born very soon after Mimi left us for Heaven. I truly believe with all my heart that you and Abby were sent to us as a gift from God to help us heal. There is a song by Martina McBride called “In My Daughter’s Eyes” that I love. In this song, she sings, “In my daughter’s eyes, I am a hero. I am strong and wise and I know no fear. But the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me. I see who I wanna be, in my daughter’s eyes.”

Sweet girl, you were sent to rescue me. I was in a place of such sorrow, but you have brought such a light into my life and given me a purpose. I’m so proud to be your mama and hope I can teach you to be a sweet, loving girl and instill the morals my mama instilled in me. You are my heart.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment