Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Heaven

Heaven is the face of a little girl
With dark brown eyes
That disappear when she smiles.
Heaven is the place
Where she calls my name
Says, “Daddy please come play with me for awhile.”

Heaven is the sound of her breathing deep,
Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing.
And Heaven is the weight of her in my arms,
Being there to keep her safe from harm while she dreams

And God, I know, it’s all of this and so much more,
But God, You know, that this is what I’m longing for
God, you know, I just can’t see beyond the door.

~ Steven Curtis Chapman ~









2 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer to each other because I would so have you take pictures of my girls. Your pictures are awesome. Next time I'm in Jackson, I may call you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - Thanks Meredeth! Congrats on the new addition - she is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete