Wednesday, June 3, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

I'm still in total shock and don't really fully believe it yet.  I mean, I still feel like it could be a boy!  Crazy, I know, but I just NEVER thought I'd have a girl!  Also, all my friends and family had me pegged for having a boy...mainly because of Michael - he is ALL BOY!  I had a boy nursery designed in my head and a boy name picked out.  I have no idea what I'm going to do for a girl - nursery or name!  All I know is that her middle name will be Elaine (the same as mine - Jennifer Elaine, mama's - Vivian Elaine, and my grandma's - Muriel Elaine).  Suggestions are welcome - Elaine is a hard name to match up.

I was so prepared to hear "it's a boy" today, but in the back of my mind I sort of imagined what it would sound like for her to say "girl" instead.  When I thought about hearing the words "girl," chills came over me.  Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a boy someday - one that looks just like his daddy.  But, I REALLY wanted a girl deep down - at least with this first one. 

When I heard those words today, my heart melted and I just broke down.  I was crying like a baby on the table.  I looked at my sister and she was crying too.  We knew what it meant for us both to be having girls.   With Abby on the way and everything we've been thru...I wanted a little girl for sentimental reasons...she can share my mama's name, wear clothes I had worn as a little girl (picked out by mama), wear baby jewelry I had (picked out by mama), the list goes on and on, but all reasons point toward my mother.  Plus, I wanted to be able to experience the special mother-daughter bond that I shared with her.  

Which brings me to another point.  I am certain with everything in my soul that she had something to do with this!  Forget the fact that Lisa was not even trying for a baby right now (which, is a whole other story...I call Abby Grace our "saving Grace").  If mama was here and all was right with the world, I have no doubt I would be expecting a boy right now.  BUT, since she has some "connections" now upstairs, I am certain she worked some magic up there with God. She knows how hard it is going to be for Lisa and me to have these babies without her, so she had us go through this together - and wanted us both to have little girls (mainly, for the sentimental reasons I listed above).  

As far as the pregnancy itself, I've gained 3 lbs and have had no problems - really, the perfect pregnancy.  The only yuck thing is my belly button is TOTALLY going to pop out soon.  It is very tender and just plain hurts!  I posted a pick of my belly at 11 weeks and then one now (at 18 weeks).  Note the belly button slowly coming to the surface.  =)


Squished Girl


It's a Girl!


Hand - "Hi Mommy and Daddy!"


11 weeks prego

18 weeks prego

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer I am so excited for you... Not to mention you look GREAT! Are you really pregnant b/c you are still so tiny... You are carrying Baby Elaine so well. What about Elaine Joy Hobson.. and if you didn't want to call her Elaine.. Call her "Joy".. Yall are so joyful and grateful for this little one.. Or find another name that expresses your feelings.
    Anyway, hope you are doing great! and let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete