Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Saving Grace

Our sweet Abby Grace is finally here! I say "finally," but the time has really gone by so fast. We are fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of one of the absolute worse days of my life - July 3rd. This is the day mama told us she has cancer. She passed away 2 months and 11 days later.

Looking back to one year ago today, I cannot believe how much has changed in my life. Mama is gone, we have Abby, and I am expecting a baby girl. It's so insane to think about all that has happened in less than a year! It's a constant reminder of quickly things can change and that God is in total and complete control of our lives.

I call Abby Grace our "saving grace" because this sweet angel has literally saved our lives. I honestly don't know what we would've done without her. Lisa found out she was expecting her less than 2 months after mama left us. So, we have had something very exciting and positive to focus on instead of dwelling on mama's absence. Don't get me wrong, her absence is constantly with me - maybe even amplified with the presence of Abby and Baby Girl Hobson. But, in some ways, I feel like she is with me through these girls. Like, she has sent them to us.

Anyways...here are a few pics of our little "Saving Grace." She looks like her Daddy, but I see Lisa in her too - the nose and mouth and some of her little facial expressions. She is sooo sweet and I just love her to pieces.


Pearl bracelet from her "mimi."
It has her initials engraved on the front and "Love You, Mimi" engraved on the back.



Abby holding Mimi's Gerber Daisy - A sweet gift from my hubby, Michael. He gave Lisa and I both one of these little necklaces (talk about a tearful moment). Lisa and I have used the Gerber Daisy to remember mama during special occasions. We always sit one out during special events - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Baby Showers, etc. I made sure there were Gerber Daisies in the delivery room for Miss Abby. =) Just a little something to allow us to keep her memory with us during big times.





Abby's coming home outfit - same outfit Lisa and I came home in - Mama loved those "rose buds." It has a matching blanket and a little baby doll wearing a dress in the same fabric. We also have a few other dresses in this same fabric.




Smile big for Aunt Jenn...Actually, more like smile big for Mommy. Lisa literally talked her into smiling...she kept saying, "smile for Mommy," and she did!! Sweet girl. =)






Mommy and Abby exhausted after our photoshoot....

No comments:

Post a Comment