Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back To Work

I started back to work this week - Wednesday to be exact. It was a hard day, but wasn't as bad as it could have been if I had to take her to a daycare. Instead, her Granny (Michael's mom) is watching her. I'm soooo thankful that she is willing to take care of her for a while b/c I really don't think I could deal with her being in a daycare. She is only keeping her until April though...not sure what we'll do come April.

Anyways, we've adjusted ok. The mornings are hard - it's up at 5:30 am for me, so I can get ready before I wake Em up at around 6:15. I'm still breastfeeding, so I nurse her in the mornings b/f we leave and then am able to nurse her on my lunch break, which works out great. I have to pump only twice during the day, so that's good. I hate pumping though - it hurts! Plus, Emily isn't use to getting bottles so much, so she has developed a little gas, which isn't fun for anyone. I think I'm going to switch to a different bottle - we have been using the plain old Medela bottles that come with the breast feeding stuff.

Also, thanks to Lisa for the beautiful flowers and sweet card/picture. It was waiting for me on my desk Wednesday morning. It made me cry. =)

Anyways, here are some pics from her first week at Granny's.



Notice her little shirt - It says "Off To Grandmothers"

Mommy and Emily On Our First Day Back to Work/Off To Granny's

I'm so excited that this finally fits her! Thanks Aunt Lisa! Gracie and Harlee Love it!


"This too shall pass" is something mama always told us during hard/difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment